All students activities are rated according to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System, ECTS), so that each semester is awarded 30 ECTS credits. The basic applied studies last for three years, that is, six semesters and they award 180 ECTS points. The studies were conducted in the form of class-based teaching (face-to-face) in Serbian. The study program is realized within the field of technical and technological sciences, the field of Electrotechnical and computer engineering.
After completing basic applied studies, a student is appointed a title of engineer of electrical and computer engineering (Bachelor appl.). According to the National Framework of Qualifications of the Republic of Serbia (NFQRS) the completion of basic applied studies is achieved at the sixth level, sub-level one (level 6.1). The condition for acquiring this level is previously achieved level 4 of (NFQRS) and passed general, professional or artistic graduation.
Teaching and exams
Teaching is performed using one-semester courses. Students activities during the semester (pre-examination obligations), such as colloquiums, seminar work and homework, are scored. The ratio of the number of points earned in pre-examination and exams is determined for each subject individually, with pre-examination obligations participating with at least 30 and up to 70 points. The final exams are placed in the School within the appropriate exam terms, which are: January, February, June, September and October. By completing preliminary exams and taking the exam, a student can earn a maximum of 100 points, with a score of at least 51 points for a grade of 6, a score of 61 points for a grade of 7, a score of at least 71 points for a grade of 8, a score of at least 81 points for a grade of 9 and a score of at least 91 points for a grade of 10.
Goals and outcomes
Computer Engineering study program aims to enable students to develop and maintain hardware, software, computer networks and information systems. The goals of the study program Computer Engineering are:
- to qualify professional personnel for individual and team work, and acquire the necessary knowledge and skills in the field of computer engineering, for the needs of economy, public enterprises, health and education, development and maintenance of hardware and software, realization and maintenance of information and computer systems and computer networks.
- for further training in this field.
By mastering the study program Computer Engineering, a student acquires general and subject specific skills:
- to provide quality general, as well as professional education in the field of computer engineering;
- to enable the development and maintenance of hardware, software, computer networks, security systems and information systems;
- to enable the development of creativity in work;
- to provide a solid basis for further training in the profession;
- to know and understand the profession and to apply acquired knowledge in practice;
- effectively solve practical problems in practice;
- develops intellectual abilities;
- to integrate knowledge from their field of expertise with knowledge in different areas by designing hardware and software;
- to design, implement and maintain information systems;
- to design, install and maintain computer networks;
- to apply mechanisms and algorithms for data protection.
Continuation of studies
After completing basic applied studies, a student can enrol in specialist applied studies or master applied studies.