New Energy Technologies study program aims to enable students to perform maintenance, operation and design activities in power systems and plants using modern energy and information technologies.
The goals of New Energy Technologies study program are:
- for students to master current knowledge and skills in the field of electric power plants, renewable energy sources, electric machines, electric motors, energy electronics and electrical installations;• to provide capacities for the exploitation, maintenance and design of power systems, plants and devices, using modern energy and information technologies;
- to enable students to become team members.
- to apply the basic laws of electricity;
- to apply the principles of electricity production from renewable and conventional energy sources;
- to apply basic knowledge about the structure of the electric power system and functioning of the basic elements of the electric power system;
- to design and calculate the main elements of electrical equipment of the electric power system and industrial plants;
- to use electrical measuring equipment in power systems and industrial plants;
- to calculate costs in the production, transmission and distribution of electricity;
- to maintain elements of electric power systems and electric equipment of industrial plants;
- to exploit and maintain facilities for the production and transmission of electricity;
- to exploit and maintain distribution facilities and networks, perform appropriate measurements and calculate consumed electricity;
- to exploit and maintain power plants to renewable energy sources;
- to prepare programs for maintenance and testing of electrical energy equipment;
- to apply the basic principles of environmental preservation.
After completing basic applied studies in New Energy Technologies, students are awarded the title of Engineer of Electrical and Computer Engineering of Applied Studies.