All students activities are rated according to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System, ECTS), so that each semester is awarded 30 ECTS credits. The basic applied studies last for three years, that is, six semesters and they award 180 ECTS points. The studies were conducted in the form of class-based teaching (face-to-face) in Serbian. The study program is realized within the field of technical and technological sciences, the field of Environmental engineering .
After completing basic applied studies, a student is appointed a title of environmental engineer (Bachelor appl.). According to the National Framework of Qualifications of the Republic of Serbia (NFQRS) the completion of basic applied studies is achieved at the sixth level, sub-level one (level 6.1). The condition for acquiring this level is previously achieved level 4 of (NFQRS) and passed general, professional or artistic graduation.
Teaching and exams
Teaching is performed using one-semester courses. Students activities during the semester (pre-examination obligations), such as colloquiums, seminar work and homework, are scored. The ratio of the number of points earned in pre-examination and exams is determined for each subject individually, with pre-examination obligations participating with at least 30 and up to 70 points. The final exams are placed in the School within the appropriate exam terms, which are: January, February, June, September and October. By completing preliminary exams and taking the exam, a student can earn a maximum of 100 points, with a score of at least 51 points for a grade of 6, a score of 61 points for a grade of 7, a score of at least 71 points for a grade of 8, a score of at least 81 points for a grade of 9 and a score of at least 91 points for a grade of 10.
Goals and outcomesEnvironmental Engineering study program aims to enable students to perform jobs related to waste management, sustainable development, monitoring and environmental protection using new technologies. The objectives of Ecological Engineering study program are:
- that students master the current knowledge and skills in the field of monitoring the state and environmental protection, sustainable technological and economic development of the society, energy efficiency and ecological acquisition and rational energy consumption, waste management, possibilities of its use and ways of safe disposal; ways of preventing and reducing the harmful effects of different economic branches on the environment;
- to qualify professional staff that will be the holder of the adoption, implementation and control of the implementation of normative acts that determine the area of environmental protection;
- to enable students to work in teamwork on environmental issues.
By mastering the study program Ecological Engineering students acquire general and subject specific skills:
- to apply the principles of environmental protection;
- to know the properties of different types of waste materials;
- to apply national and European legal regulations;
- to collect and interpret data obtained in processes related to environmental protection;
- to propose measures to improve environmental protection procedures;
- to use his knowledge in the field of ecological engineering in a professional way;
- to participate in multidisciplinary projects in the field of ecological engineering.
Continuation of studies
After completing basic applied studies, a student can enrol in specialist applied studies or master applied studies.