Basics of Informatics and ComputingCourse code: 101407 | 6 ECTS credits
Level of Studies:Undergraduate applied studies
Year of Study:1
Goal:This moduel is design to introduce to students to basic knowledge on IT, PC arhictecture, computer system, its components as prerequisite for programming.
Outcome:After successful completion of this module students should acquire tranferable skills on basic data structure, system software, PC organisation and architecture, and capability of defining solving stages via algorithm using basic programming structures.
Contents of the course
1. Introduction to computer information processing. Historical development of computer resources.
2. Introduction to Information systems. Definition and types, methods of information systems design.
3. Modern programming tools.
4. Operating systems, historical background and update.
5. General model of a computer system. Computer functional block diagram. Computer system hierarchical model.
6. Mathematical basis of computer. Numerical systems. Numerical system to another.
7. Binary numerical system. Signed and unsigned numbers.
8. Fixed-point and floating- point data type. Basic arithmetic operations in binary number systems.
9. Record in code "8421" and "excess 3". Arithmetic operations on binary encoded numbers.